This article contains information on the University of Ghana’s eLearning portal (https://sakai.ug.edu.gh), how to log in and where to turn to when you’re having challenges logging in.
Sakai LMS is an open-source software suite developed for a diverse and global adopter community. The world over, 200+ universities with millions of users use it on a daily to enhance teaching and learning.
Sakai has many uses which include document distribution, a grade book, discussion, live chat, assignment uploads and online testing.
The University of Ghana’s own, Sakai UG can also be used as a collaborative tool for research and group projects.
Hence, in a bid to improve learning processes for its student, the University of Ghana (UG) adopted this Learning Management System (LMS) that would make it easy for students to attend classes online, get lecture notes and submit assignments from the comfort of any location.
This is also an eLearning platform where lecturers of the University of Ghana (UG) get to upload their course material (ie. course outlines, lecture notes/PowerPoint presentations, recommended reading books/journals, videos, forums) to enable students access them for continuing academic work.
How to Log into UG Sakai
To log into the University of Ghana’s Sakai LMS,
- Visit sakai.ug.edu.gh in your web browser (Internet explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc).
- On the Sakai login page, type in your USER ID
- Enter your password
- Click on the “Log in” button to enter the LMS.
After logging in, you can access easily access your lectures by clicking on the “Sites” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Watch the Youtube video guide below to learn how to log into University of Ghana’s Sakai portal.
How to Change Your UG Sakai Password
- Log in to sakai.ug.edu.gh.
- Select “Reset Password” from the menu.
- Enter your email address
- Click on “Send Password“.
Upon submission, you will receive an email with a link where you can securely reset your password. The reset link expires after 1 hour.
Need Further Help With UG Sakai?
If you need help with Sakai, several options are available:
- Check with your instructor: Your instructor needs to know if you’re having a problem that may affect your ability to complete your assignments.
- Check out the online help resources: Visit Sakai Resource page by clicking here to find tutorials and answers to common frequently asked questions.
Sakai Support Team Contact
The support team is available from Monday – Sunday (9am – 9pm each day)
For student email account and MIS web related issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for your course in Sakai?
Your courses should appear across the top of Sakai or under the Sites menu when they are available to you. You can also check your “My Current Sites” page:
- Log into Sakai
- Go to “Membership” on the left
- Go to “My Current Sites”
Your Current Course Sites will be listed (with links to the course site, if available).